Seven Reasons Your Pet Should Wear a Dog Car Seat Belt when TravelingDoes your dog love to travel in the car with you? You and your family wear seat belts when riding in the car. Does your pet? If you have not considered it, here are seven important reasons why your dog should wear a pet auto seat belt:
1. Your pet won’t be able to distract the person driving the car. Distractions an be very dangerous to the driver. Some dogs are naturally well-behaved in the vehicle but many dogs have to be trained car-riding decorum. Why not train them in the pet auto seat belt instead?
2. Sudden unexpected stops won’t cause your pet to fly forward into the dash, the back seat, or onto the floor. Dog’s noses are very sensitive. Hitting their nose on the dash or back of the seat can be a very painful experience.
3. Your pet won’t be able to put their head out the window. Did you know that even a tiny spec of flying debris can do serious damage to the dog’s eye or nose? Many dogs love to put their heads out the window, but it can be an equally pleasant experience if they are sitting in a pet car harness by an open window. They won’t be able to put their heads out, but they can still get a whiff of the multiple odors zipping by.
4. Not only will your pet not be able to put their head out the window, he won’t be able to get his body out either. Dogs are instinctive creatures and if something catches their attention, such as another dog, a squirrel, or other animal, they may go after it without a thought. Perhaps your pet is too smart to do this, but why take the chance?
5. Many dogs will run or even bite if frightened. What if you and your pet happen to be in a serous auto accident? Your dog is going to be terrified. If there is a means of escape, he may get out of the car and run. And where are they most likely to run? It would be a terrible thing to survive an auto accident only to get hit by a car. Even if there is no way for the dog to escape, he may need medical attention. An injured dog may react defensively by tying to bite someone who is actually trying to help them. A pet that is already restrained however, is easier to muzzle and therefore, easier to attend to.
6. A pet car harness can actually be quite comfortable once your four-legged friend gets used to it. Dogs can have a difficult time laying down in a seat because of the turning, speeding up, slowing down, and stopping movements of the car. Many dogs can brace themselves better by standing or sitting. With a pet auto seat belt, a dog can stand, sit, or lay down comfortably and not have to worry about bracing themselves against car maneuvers.
7. Last but not least, a pet auto safety belt shows you to be a responsible and caring pet owner as well as a responsible driver. Friends and strangers will be impressed with your thoughtfulness and foresight. They in turn, may consider getting one for their own dog. You can be indirectly responsible for saving another dog’s life.
As you can see, all seven reasons are excellent reasons for your pet to wear a pet auto safety belt. Any argument against it are easily outweighed by the examples above. So do what is safe and what is best for you and your pet. You and your dog will be all the happier for it.
Search by Keyword
Dog Travel Products: